Using the most hygienic waxing system for safe, effective results. We use traditional strip wax for larger areas – legs and arms. The Beauty Rooms uses Perron Rigot Hot Wax this is ideal for your sensitive areas reducing any discomfort.
For our Brazilian and Hollywood wax treatments our therapists have been trained by the world-renowned Kim Lawless.
Full Leg & Standard Bikini
Full Leg & Extended Bikini
Full Leg & Brazilian
Full Leg & Hollywood
1/2 Leg & Standard Bikini
½ Leg & Extended Bikini
½ Leg & Brazilian
½ Leg & Hollywood
Lip & Chin
Before Your Wax
- You will need at least 3 – 4 weeks hair growth to enable you to have a successful waxing treatment. Please stop any hair removal at least 3 weeks before your wax.
- Lightly exfoliate the area to be treated (please note that aggressive exfoliation will compromise the skin and make a waxing service inadvisable).
- Discontinue all use of retinoids and other chemical exfoliating agents for at least 72 hours prior to waxing. This is particularly important and failure to do so could result in lifting of the skin as these products compromise the integrity of the skin. This includes all topical prescription acne medication.
- If you are a sunbather, or frequent the tanning salon, it is important to stay out of the sun (artificial or not) for a minimum of 24 hours prior to your service. Waxing services will not be performed if any redness due to sun exposure is present on the skin. This measure is taken solely for our clients’ safety and benefit.
- If you enjoy exercising, please do so before your waxing appointment. Exercise directly after is not recommended due to the higher risk of causing breakout.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing before or after your wax on the area to be treated.
- Avoid sun exposure for a minimum of 24 hours, or until the tenderness subsides.
- Avoid all mechanical and chemical exfoliating agents for at least 24 hours. This includes all topical acne medication as well as all forms of retinoids.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity for at least 12 hours. This is especially important if you are susceptible to breakout as the bacteria naturally present on the skin and in perspiration are more easily able to enter the hair follicle and cause inflammation during this time.
After Your Wax
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas and swimming pools for a minimum of 12 hours as your
skin is more easily able to absorb the chemical toxins that maybe present.
- Avoid fragranced and self-tan products of all kinds (soaps, lotions) for at least 12 hours after your wax.
- Begin exfoliating 48 hours after your wax and continue to exfoliate 3 times per week to minimize the presence of ingrown hairs.
- Wear loose clothing on the area that has been waxed.
- You may experience redness and tenderness in the area treated, this is normal and can last at least 24 hours.